Your position as a Senior Application Engineer will be to consult, train, support and perform root cause analysis on simulation and manufacturing issues in Stamping Formability, Die Design, and Body Assembly to support our customers. To be successful, you should be able to master the following requirements:
- AutoForm simulation software expert to support customers in developing stamping dies that pass formability, robustness, and assembly requirements
- Technical account management for Automotive OEM’s, Tier One Stamping and Body Assembly Suppliers and/or Die Houses
- Develop and maintain strong and professional relationships with key customers and their users, decision-makers, and influencers by understanding the customer’s general design process and simulation requirements
- Deliver technical training, teach customers how to use AutoForm software in our modern computer training labs in person and/or on-line
- Work with Sales Account Manager for identifying customer needs, planning and documentation
- Support our Sales team with technical pre-sales discussions and software demonstrations
- Be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on one or more AutoForm software application modules
- Support customers on-site as well as through our on-call support system
- Participate in technical software testing prior to software release and report any issues through our corporate ticketing system
- Assist in software delivery and installation with customers
- Support in person and on-line trade shows to showcase AutoForm software
- Contribute to writing blogs and articles on customer projects and relevant topics
- Actively participate in global tech teams to engage in advanced application techniques, software enhancements, and internal knowledge transfer
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Material, or Manufacturing Engineering
- 10 years’ experience in Sheet Metal Forming and/or Body Assembly, Finite Element Analysis, Die Design, Body Design or Equivalent
- AutoForm simulation software experience is preferred; Pam-Stamp or DYNAFORM are acceptable
- Process layout for stamping dies and process engineering for assemblies
- Draw die development and die construction
- Body part assembly, joining, clamping and sequence, GDT, etc.
- Stamping simulation, finite element simulation and/or computer aided design
- Die tryout
- Hot Forming
- Panel Hemming
- Hydroforming & Tube Bending
- Body Assembly & GDT
- Production quality, statistical process assessments, tool-tryout, part buy-offs, etc.
- Experience with CATIA V5, Unigraphics, and/or NX is a plus
- Willing and able to travel within the US and Canada, with occasional travel to Europe
- Motivated to succeed in a small company environment
This role is based in Troy, Michigan.
An exciting challenge in an innovative, international environment is waiting for you. We would like to have you on board as soon as possible. Please send us your resume. We are looking forward to it!